couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: renamed _temp_view to _slow_view
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:47:34 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 02:00:20PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> 1. Remove the _temp_view facility completely, because you can use a
>> temporary _design view, at which point you should understand the
>> performance implications, and it cleans up the code.

+1

>> 2. Leave it as _temp_view, because it does the equivalent of view
>> create/query/delete view in a single POST, and you can document the
>> performance issue.

-0

>> 3. Change it to _slow_view, because compared to _temp_view, the name
>> should act as an immediate warning for people who haven't read the
>> documentation.

-1

4. Ship CouchDB with _temp_view disabled by default so that people
must take the action of enabling it for use. (With a nice warning
right next to the config option.) Then testing can use it
transparently.

+2

In other news, if I had known the key combination for pi, my votes
would be slightly different.