couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Rempe <gl...@rempe.us>
Subject Re: JS Test Errors with Apache virtual host + reverse proxy + couchdb
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:02:09 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Paul.   Some comments below.

On Jan 20, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

>> - Is this simply a problem with the JS test runner?  Or does this
>> represent
>> an actual failure in the server?
>
> There are known issues with Apache's default config for reverse
> proxies screwing with url encoded slashes. This screws up path stuff
> which CouchDB relies on. This is most likely the cause of your errors.

Hmmm.  I was also using the new 'nocanon' command to avoid any changes
by apache proxy.  I found some related posts (after I wrote my initial
email) where this seems to be occuring to some degree with Nginx as
well. Are there any reverse proxy configs that are tested and known to
work with CouchDB passing all of its JS tests? Seems to me that making
this work is important.

>> - Is there an improved reverse proxy config that would eliminate this
>> (Please feel free to fork the Gist and issue me a pull request)?
>
> No one in IRC is speaking up, but just the other day someone was on
> asking questions and managed to get it working I believe. I swear I
> told him to put that config on the wiki once he got it done, so you
> might check there.

I took a look and did not find anything.  If anyone else has a link to
a working config or wiki page that would be great.

>> I have built and installed couchdb from repository source, so if
>> any commits
>> are made to fix I would be happy to pull them and test.
>>

> The last patch that would affect this was put in last night or so, but
> I don't think it fixes everything that Apache breaks.

I am running from trunk@735875 which I think is the latest commit.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Rempe