couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with null MIME type for attachments
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:34:31 GMT

On 26/01/2009, at 6:55 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 06:49:53AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> Treat a supplied null as an error.
>>
>> If mimetype isn't supplied, use a default based on the attachment
>> name.
>
> Default based on attachment name sounds misleadingly simple
>
> I agree that this should be the way forward but we will need to:
>
>  * ship a custom mime.types configuration file under /etc
>  * know how to read the system mime.types file usually at /etc/
> mime.types
>  * know how to pick up any other user supplied mime.types file
>  * add configuration options for this in the ini files

And deal with Windows.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An
unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to
suit himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
   -- George Bernard Shaw