couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Integration
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:32:49 GMT
Nice job Paul,

On 18 Jan 2009, at 07:06, Paul Davis wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I put in some work today on getting couchdb-lucene working with trunk
> and hopefully in an un-crappy method.
>
> Code: http://github.com/davisp/couchdb-lucene
> Write-Up: http://www.davispj.com/posts/11
>
> I'm pretty certain that there are a few rough spots in actual usage
> still, but it passes the cursory index/query usage. Please send feed
> back and preferably pull requests on github.com

This works as advertised. I hope we can get some Java-Heads on
this to make it more flexible on the indexing & searching end.
(anyone? :)

One thing I noticed (which is different from my original implementation)
that you do not index databases but only views, is that correct? I'm not
sure if it matters, but I do see the case for "meh just index the entire
database". Is this a planned feature?

Cheers
Jan