couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB check autogenerated document id's?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:50:43 GMT

On 04/01/2009, at 12:11 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 11:58:59PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> GET is meant to be idempotent -
>> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html.
>
> So? How does the idempotency of GET affect the UUID service?

In an inverse way to how I first thought. In an ideal world GET would
carry a payload so that POST vs. GET could be decided on the basis of
idempotency, rather than by the limitation on the size of query
parameters.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root
canal?
His goal: transcend dental medication.