couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2009 22:45:21 GMT

On 02/01/2009, at 8:15 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> If you could point me to an explanation of why changing this is bad,
> I'd love to catch up on the discussion.  I assume it's a technical
> reason?

No. The primary reason is "why change - the current mechanism has
worked for a year". Damien (project lead) doesn't regard change as
necessary, and a significant change to support top-level reflexivity
(which is your primary thrust) doesn't have support from the other
gatekeepers. There is some support for name identity, although I
suspect not enough to prompt a change.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to
   -- C. A. R. Hoare

View raw message