couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:39:38 GMT

On 02/01/2009, at 10:51 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> But I am a little worried that if the "project lead" and
> "gatekeepers" are even *thought* by active members of the community
> to be dead-set against it that I would be wasting time.

To be blunt, and this is my impression only: I thought Damien was
strongly against changing it, and got the impression that there was
some significant degree of deferral to his opinion, understandably. It
is difficult to get a handle on the social and procedural dynamic in
this situation.

I really don't want any political/social meta-issue to get out of
hand, sorry if I lead it in that direction.

> I think it's an important issue (clearly or I wouldn't be spending
> so much vacation time discussing it), but it's not a make-or-break
> issue for me.

Ditto.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd