couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Troy Kruthoff <>
Subject Re: couchdb as backend for a CMS
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:15:57 GMT

Couch can do it (the link Jan sent to Christopher's excellent blog
post gives the details), but the key is that couch does it differently
and it is not a drop in replacement for an RDBMS.  From my experience,
there is an initial learning curve where you have to un-RDBMS your
brain and approach the solution from couch's perspective.  In the
process, I found that defining relationships with the power of a
programming language (javascript, but you can use others) smokes the
confined spaces of primary/secondary keys.

-- troy

View raw message