couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Troy Kruthoff <tkruth...@blit.com>
Subject Re: couchdb as backend for a CMS
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:15:57 GMT
Gaspard,

Couch can do it (the link Jan sent to Christopher's excellent blog
post gives the details), but the key is that couch does it differently
and it is not a drop in replacement for an RDBMS.  From my experience,
there is an initial learning curve where you have to un-RDBMS your
brain and approach the solution from couch's perspective.  In the
process, I found that defining relationships with the power of a
programming language (javascript, but you can use others) smokes the
confined spaces of primary/secondary keys.

-- troy