couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Petty <adamjpe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache CouchDB Reverse Proxy
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:26:13 GMT
Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response!

So the reverse proxy section - should that replace my "default" file in
sites-available - or be a new site?

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
   DocumentRoot "/opt/websites/web/www/dummy"
                        (I'm assuming this is just a generic site root
- doesn't matter here?)
   ServerName couchdb.localhost
                          (can this be the external server ? )
   AllowEncodedSlashes On
   ProxyRequests Off
   KeepAlive Off
   <Proxy *>
      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 127.0.0.1
   </Proxy>
   ProxyPass / http://localhost:5984/ nocanon
   ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5984/
   ErrorLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-error_log"
   CustomLog "logs/couchdb.localhost-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>

I guess I'm not seeing how to set Apache up to point to an external physical
couchdb/webserver (but in the local domain), or if Apache is local also -
how does Apache get the call of "http://localhost:5984/"  vs. mochiweb?

Anyway - any more info here would help me out alot.  Again - I know these
are probably rudimentary questions....