couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Petty <adamjpe...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache CouchDB Reverse Proxy
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:36:53 GMT
Hey all,

I'm new to both CouchDB and Apache and have been looking everywhere for
tutorials on Reverse Proxy-ing and Couch, and can't seem to get to where I
need to be.

I checked out the page
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy

But that doesn't make sense to me as I don't see where I could alter the
site file to set an alias to "http://localhost:5984/" to "
http://localhost/couch" which then is proxied to the former.  Also

I tried
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/couchdb
but so far, that just gets me a new "couch" site - but proxying isn't
working.

Looking everywhere - everyone has a different approach for Reverse Proxy-ing
- and most at the Ubuntu Forums say to set "Allow All" to true in the
proxy.conf file - which I KNOW has to be bad.

The Apache site talks about <Location> settings - but as its far and away
the most different and seemingly complicated - I wasn't sure where to start
for that one.

Any help or links other than the above would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

--Adam