couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: renamed _temp_view to _slow_view
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:59:58 GMT

On 08/01/2009, at 2:17 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> 4. Ship CouchDB with _temp_view disabled by default so that people
> must take the action of enabling it for use. (With a nice warning
> right next to the config option.) Then testing can use it
> transparently.

enable_temp_views_that_are_really_really_slow_as_explained_in_the_documentation_that_I_HAVE_READ
  = true

How many people will turn that on and then ask why they are slow :)

+1

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask,
'Compared to what?'
   -- Sydney Harris