couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Niket Patel <nex...@me.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB huge performance difference between Mac OS / Linux
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:52:57 GMT
On Jan 30, 2009, at 3:00 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Also discussing on IRC, we're wondering if the view is actually built
> correctly and something else is going wrong. An easy method to debug
> this if you get a copy of trunk, Futon has a panel that shows you
> actively running tasks so you'll be able to keep an eye on what
> couchdb is actually doing in terms of things like view generation and
> compaction. (replication is on the agenda)

When view generation starts ( or when I access views )
'couchjs' starts and at that time Futon "Status" shows "View Group
Indexer" running
'couchjs' goes away and Futon "Status" shows "No tasks running"
this things take under 30 seconds
.db_design/ directory size increase 1.6 MB every-time I access view
and when couchjs running

After couchjs finish strange things start
'beam' process now starts consuming 40-45% CPU and keep running until
I respawn with "couchdb -k"
.db_design/ directory size remains same so nothing written to disk

Above issue not happen with Mac OS X