couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T" <je...@dundeemt.com>
Subject on Reduce w/ Python view server
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:15:43 GMT
Using couchdb-python 0.5 and couchdb 0.9.0a735191-incubating

I am working on a "rosetta stone" for javascript and python views. (nothing
like rewriting in a different language to lean something<g>) I've worked
though the simple map only views.  I then did a simple reduce(keys,vals)
which worked out fine.  But I am stumped on rereduce when the function
signature includes keys,vals,rereduce.  I've been trying to work through the
js code from "Top N Tags" from the snippets page,
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_Snippets

In particular, I am confused as to what is passed to the rereduce function
when rereduce=True.  The javascript is returning a complex structure instead
of a simple scalar, I see that it has to do with getting state back from a
previous reduce operation, but I'm confused. The unpacking of the previous
results, I think has me befuddled ;(

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff
p.s. Yes, I'd be happy to make a wiki page out of my work, but I'm not sure
where it belongs, couchdb wiki or the couchdb-python wiki.