couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T" <je...@dundeemt.com>
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:11:19 GMT
I've been reading and googling trying to figure out the proper way to
do an intersection of views.

The database has documents with an attribute of tags (a list)
['copper','blue','hot','long','twisted']

If I wanted to find all documents that had the tags of 'copper' and
'blue' what is the preferred way?  I could index all the elements of
the tags list and then perform two requests key='copper' and
key='blue' and have the client do the intersection.  Is there a way to
have couchdb do the lifting on this one?

Along the same line, what of the union of tags. 'copper' or 'blue'