couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wmert...@cisco.com>
Subject Current CouchDB state?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:38:06 GMT
Hi there,

I'm a big fan of CouchDB and I want to use it in production but I'm
holding out for a somewhat stable release. In preparation however I
would like to know where CouchDB stands in High Availability and/or
Scalability.

I know that Erlang promises that you can run a single program across
multiple CPUs and even systems at the same time, and you can upgrade
the program while it is handling requests. I presume Erlang also
handles the case where a system goes offline?

Furthermore, I know that the view server runs separately from the
CouchDB process, and it can in principle split the map and reduce
phases across many compute nodes.

Finally, I know that the replication works. Is there a "standard" way
of using it with supporting programs?

So my question is: How much of this is already a reality? Is any
testing being done for these scenarios? Is this on the roadmap for 1.0?

Thanks,

Wout.