couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Huggins <ja...@jrandolph.com>
Subject Re: JS Test Errors with Apache virtual host + reverse proxy + couchdb
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:44:20 GMT
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Glenn Rempe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am experimenting with CouchDB and wanted to setup a virtual host and
> reverse proxy in my apache server that would expose couchdb to the net, and
> allow me to easily add apache basic auth on top (with the hope that some
> couchdb ruby clients support basic auth).
>
> However, when I set this up I discovered that many of the futon JS tests
> fail when run on the proxied url, but all pass when hitting the same exact
> couchdb install via a direct url.

I had this problem, too. I had to add "AllowEncodedSlashes On" to my
virtual host config to get proxing working correctly.

> I did not see anything about this in the bug Jira.  On initial examination
> this appears to be related to url escaping in the js tests.

Yup. Sorry, though, for not documenting/blogging/sharing my fix before. :-/

When I get the chance, I'll publish a slimmed downed and working
version of my vhost file that fixes this bug, but until then... try
added "AllowEncodedSlashes On" right inside your VirtualHost
declaration.

cheers,
   hugs