couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: renamed _temp_view to _slow_view
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:53:15 GMT

On 21 Jan 2009, at 22:43, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> One thing that's clear is overwhelming objection against the
>> renaming to
>> _slow_view. There seems to be a slight preference towards removing
>> temp
>> views altogether, but I think that may take more discussion.
>>
>> I would suggest we move forward here by first backing out the
>> change to
>> _slow_view.
>
> +1

+1

I'd be okay with forcing the client libs to implement temp views if
we'd document
this pattern thoroughly, provide a reference implementation in
couch.js and maybe
other languages. Since Chris and Chris maintain both the de-facto Ruby
and
Python libs and I have dibs in the preferred PHP lib, that seems
possible. But let's
leave that for another thread.

Cheers
Jan