couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compaction...
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:29:57 GMT
That would be my suggestion, once a day during a time when the traffic
is lower is the best time to do a compaction. And you could monitor
disk free space and kick off compaction(s) when it gets too low.

Eventually we'll get CouchDB to track how much current data is the
file vs wasted space, so you can compact only the databases that
actually need it.

-Damien