couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <>
Subject Re: Incremental map/reduce
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:09:29 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 03:17:58PM +0100, Patrick Antivackis wrote:
> normally in your view if you add a reduce=false parameter you should only
> get the map

That's exactly what I was thinking of, and I have no idea why I overlooked
this parameter on the wiki :-) Thanks for putting me straight.

I have one, teeny suggestion. I notice that couchdb does insert newlines in
its JSON sometimes, e.g.

$ curl ''

But not in others:

$ curl ''

What I'd really like is for it to send a single newline at the end of the
entire response, so that curl output terminates nicely with my shell prompt
on a new line. Would this be considered an excessive waste of bandwidth? :-)

View raw message