couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 03:47:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:15:21AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
> No. The primary reason is "why change - the current mechanism has worked for a
> year". Damien (project lead) doesn't regard change as necessary, and a
> significant change to support top-level reflexivity (which is your primary
> thrust) doesn't have support from the other gatekeepers. There is some support
> for name identity, although I suspect not enough to prompt a change.

I appreciate you're frustrated with the current situation Antony, but I think
it's unfair for you to be claiming any kind of consensus without a vote. I would
be interested in seeing a patch, explanation, and vote. I've already expressed
my agreement with many of the points you've raised, and I'm not the only one.

It's pretty pointless for us to keep sending emails over proposed changes to the
code without actually seeing the changes. So, in the tradition of the Linux
kernel, show the code and let's have a vote!