couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "A.J. Brown" ...@ajbrown.org>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB check autogenerated document id's?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:49:57 GMT
W3 also goes on to say that it's ok if a change occurs, as long as the
user cannot request them and isn't held responsible:

"The important distinction here is that the user did not request the
side-effects, so therefore cannot be held accountable for them."

It's equivalent of saying "show me the state of document #3", and then
making the same request an hour later, if you ask me.