couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Connor" <ian.con...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a modified table or quick way to get all that is modified since a given date?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:14:02 GMT
I am trying to see all the documents modified since a given date - or is
sequence number a better idea?

Ideally, I want to update a solr/lucene index and then keep the modified
date or last state that the index was updated. Then on a regular (hourly or
daily) basis, update the index from the changes in couchdb.

One way, would be to know the last update time from the index and get all
changes since that time. However, I noticed that there is this sequence
number kept per database. I assume this might help in some way with
replication in a similar way the modified table works in Lotus Notes. Is
this true, is there a view/query I could run to get all documents touched
after a given sequence number?

--
Regards,

Ian Connor