couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 07:35:23 GMT
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Posted to couchdb-users because this might be of general interest.
>
> I don't recommend having the notification trigger anything but setting a
> dirty-flag. I've tried to get a response from the gatekeepers about the
> intended synchronization contract between update notifications and _external
> request, to no avail. IMO without that being synchronous, it's not that
> useful.

Thanks for posting this, Antony. I think you are right on about no
synchronous guarantees between updates, and code in external being
run. Marking as dirty is a good way to handle this.

There are changes in the pipeline to external, which may effect the
'req.path' as passed to external functions. I'll post to the dev list
when they are committed. Aside from that it is just good to see how
people are using external. Thanks for your db seq # patch.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com