couchdb-user mailing list archives

From lenz <norb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB in the wild
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:22:12 GMT
thats exciting to see that you guys like our new project. we are still quite
busy polishing some rough edges in the interface but i hope to have some
calm days during christmas brake (as far as we will have one this year).
i planned to write some lines about the things that always kind of break
your normalized database structure and how we did it in couch and about
those tables that look like:

create table settings (
  id serial,
  user_id integer,
  ky varchar(100),
  vl varchar(100)
);

... looks familiar? :D no more for us ...

i'll write up some docs on how to spot couchDB opportunities in your DB
setup and how to use them from your codebase efficiently. (need some sleep
first though)

cheers
lenz