couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <>
Subject Re: Is there a modified table or quick way to get all that is modified since a given date?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:22:12 GMT

The update sequence is probably what you're wanting to use. You can
use it like such:

To get all modified docs since the last time you ran your indexing.
Generally people have used the db update notification process to know
when the database changes in conjunction with the update_seq.

This might be of help to you:

Paul Davis

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Ian Connor <> wrote:
> I am trying to see all the documents modified since a given date - or is
> sequence number a better idea?
> Ideally, I want to update a solr/lucene index and then keep the modified
> date or last state that the index was updated. Then on a regular (hourly or
> daily) basis, update the index from the changes in couchdb.
> One way, would be to know the last update time from the index and get all
> changes since that time. However, I noticed that there is this sequence
> number kept per database. I assume this might help in some way with
> replication in a similar way the modified table works in Lotus Notes. Is
> this true, is there a view/query I could run to get all documents touched
> after a given sequence number?
> --
> Regards,
> Ian Connor