couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple search criteria with ranges
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:26:57 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Adam Groves <adam.groves@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I noticed you were working on various search solutions for CouchDB.
> Your EFTI project on github specifically caught my attention. Is it on
> ice at the moment?

More or less. I haven't pursued it much beyond discussing ideas for it
on IRC. Generally I'm waiting for a better picture on how the Erlang
plugin interface will pan out. The biggest questions for me are on how
to match the code with other aspects of CouchDB. Replication in
particular is a bit of a stumbling block in terms of how to pursue an
actual implementation.

Paul

> Kind regards
>
> Adam Groves
>
> 2008/12/14 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
>> Faceted search like this isn't best supported directly in CouchDB
>> itself. Its a feature that's been discussed for implementation but as
>> of yet there aren't any concrete plans on what that implementation
>> would look like.
>>
>> That being said, there's nothing keeping you from using an external
>> indexer such as Solr that supports faceted searching like you're
>> describing.
>>
>> Also, patches are welcome :D
>>
>> Paul Davis
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Dan Woolley <danwoolley@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm researching Couchdb for a project dealing with real estate listing data.
>>>  I'm very interested in Couchdb because the schema less nature, RESTful
>>> interface, and potential off-line usage with syncing fit my problem very
>>> well.  I've been able to do some prototyping and search on ranges for a
>>> single field very successfully.  I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around
>>> views for a popular use case in real estate, which is a query like:
>>>
>>> Price = 350000-400000
>>> Beds = 4-5