couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: multiple keys and sorting
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:12:23 GMT
> These second level caches could be query-able just like views are,
> but one
> level removed.  We could even specify them with permanent javascript
> methods
> so you could query on them instead of the underlying views.  What do
> you
> guys think?

This is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to use in my application.
We will have billions of records and being able to create "views of
views" would be absolutely ace. We have a sort of three tiered
hierarchy of records, and at some point a tier in the hierarchy is
completed, hence the result of the view for that bit of the collection
won't change much. I could store the values of some map/reduces in the
higher tier but I'm pretty sure that it will end up getting
inconsistent.
I'd be happy to put some effort into "views of views", but first I
need to learn Erlang (or get one of our the other developers to ;)).
Cheers
Simon