couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing rev to _rev in view results (Was: Re: newbie question #1)
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:37:32 GMT

On 30/12/2008, at 11:00 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:08:04AM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> Any objection to this must be aesthetic.
>
> In the general case, and presuming it doesn't trump an obvious
> technical goal

Which is the essence of this argument - IMO API consistency and rigor
wrt design principles is being compromised by a) arguments about the
cost of writing an extra underscore and b) assertions that this issue
has already been decided.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask,
'Compared to what?'
   -- Sydney Harris