couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dmitrii Dimandt <dmit...@dmitriid.com>
Subject Re: Simple rereduce introduction tutorial
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:56:24 GMT

--On December 1, 2008 6:23:45 AM -0500 Jedediah Smith
<jedediah@silencegreys.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Introduction_to_CouchDB_views
>
> I just updated that page with a more detailed explanation of reduce and
> rereduce.

Thank you! The list of intermediate values in the explanation cleared
everything for me :)

> Rereduce must *always* be taken into account, though it can often be
> handled implicitly by the same code as reduce.

In my case it was as simple as calculating sums of money, so the code will
remain the same :)

> Here is a simple example of a view in which that is not the case:
> http://github.com/jchris/couchrest/tree/master/examples/word_count/views/
> markov

Yeah, I looked at it and couldn't wrap my head around it :) Now everythng
is much clearer :)