couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Eickhoff>
Subject select where
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:06:16 GMT

I am trying to get to grips with Couchdb. Though it looks very
interesting, I just dont understand how to query Couchdb for an
abitrary value, as is possible with sql. Imagine I had a number of
very simple documents, like:

{"_id":"b1","_rev":"3573740128", "book":"Potter","author":"Rowling"}

and I wanted to find all books written by Mr Tolkien?

I could create a view like:

function(doc) { if ( == "Tolkien") emit(null, doc); }

and then query:

Is there any way to pass "Tolkien" as a variable to the view, or do I
have to create a new view, every time I want to query for another

View raw message