couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Rajkumar S" <rajkum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arguments for Reduce function
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:30:12 GMT
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Paul Carey <paul.p.carey@gmail.com> wrote:
> At a guess you're trying to get the doc count based on a particular
> characteristic of the doc.

No, actually, I am trying to pass an arbitrary argument so that I get
the count of elements < that argument and > that argument. kind of
like select count(*) from foo where bar<6;

> If you wanted to see all the docs, simply query with reduce=false

But I want to see all the results after reduce function has run. Right
now I am using a command like

http://localhost:5984/users/_view/test1/test1?count=50&group=true

I would like to do some thing like

http://localhost:5984/users/_view/test1/test1?count=all&group=true

> Also your reduce function probably wouldn't behave as you'd expect
> when invoked as a rereduce - at some point the values param would be
> [values.length, a, b] array returned from a previous invocation.

Actually I have stripped out the rereduce part when I posted the
example, to focus on the problem at hand and simplify the example. I
am taking care of rereduce.

with regards,

raj