couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Landolt" <>
Subject Re: constraining couchdb to reject empty docs
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:34:32 GMT
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Chris Anderson <> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Dean Landolt <>
> wrote:
> >
> > Any progress on the templating? Have you pushed your new main.js to a
> public
> > repo yet? I'm pretty excited to start playing around with this -- I've
> been
> > waiting for such a feature since I first read about action servers. I
> tried
> > to roll the trimpath JST stuff into main.js and generate via action
> servers
> > but was never successful. I've since done some digging and understand the
> > req object a little better so I was going to have another go, but I'm
> > probably better off waiting for this implementation.
> >
> Glad you asked. I just posted to github last night:
> ymmv, I've got the tests I've written passing, but will be writing
> more tests today. I'll try to keep github up to date and working.

Sweet! Though I'm having trouble getting the tests up. All the js is loading
alright, but no tests are appearing in the runner...

see couch_tests.js for "templates" -- although I think "form" maybe a
> better name for them.

Why's that? From looking at couch_tests.js source I can see you're using
db/_form as the entry point. Out of curiosity, why the name form rather than
template or something else? Form just seems like such an overloaded word
(perhaps the same could be said for template as well).