couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Gallop <mark.gal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Installation of couchdb on windows xp
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:37:41 GMT
Yoryos wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>> I mentioned Firefox 3 as I believe it is the only browser tested with the
>> Futon interface. Maybe you could try the code from trunk(??)
>>
>> I am using CouchDB with no problems on ubuntu. Can you use a unix like OS,
>> or cygwin, just for testing and then move to Windows properly when working
>> builds are available?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>>

> The problem is that I don't have a linux box for testing but as this is the
> only alternative I must look for one!
>
> Thanks anyway!
> Yoryos

Yoryos,

You can also try the free VMware Player [1] with one of the many free
VMware Linux appliances such as Ubuntu 8.10 [2].

This way you can continue working with your own Windows machine. I have
a similar setup with a Mac and VMware, and it works fine for testing.

Cheers,
Mark

[1] http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
[2] http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/54735