couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christian Haselbach <chr...@mr-co.de>
Subject Re: Making Javascript methods available in views.
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:07:05 GMT
Chris Anderson wrote:
> Resist the temptation to build applications in action.js. Applications
> should be stored in design docs. However, keeping a JavaScript
> controller framework in action.js, to be used by design docs, seems
> like a fine way to roll. The important consideration is keeping apps
> portable across CouchDB nodes.

I am not sure whether I understand you correctly. However, so far all my
code for my application is in the design document. On possible solution
to distribute common might be to store the code in documents and then
load it (e.g., with db.query). This would, of course, cause a parsing
step for every request.

Anyways, action.js so far is really nice and it's a lot of fun to play
with it.

Regards,
Christian