couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: newbie question #1
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:06:51 GMT
I'm really sorry - everyone please ignore this :)  I'm just an excited
newbie on vacation...

On Dec 28, 2008, at 8:56 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 08:47:44AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Fair enough.  I just never seem to understand what I'm getting in
>> return
>
> Easy answer. Where else would you store this information? Moving
> this outside of
> the document would necessarily involve implementation complexity for
> both client
> and server, which is a trade-off.

I kinda don't understand this, because from my reading of the docs, it
seems like responses from the various API calls (e.g.  _all_docs, just
getting a doc, views...)  are all different, so the client already
needs to handle a wide-array of "shapes".

But... I really didn't want to start a long thread on this :)

I'm going to go off and poke around a bit and get a better feel for
all the response formats...

geir