couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Link trouble on Solaris/SPARC
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:27:31 GMT
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 03:56:35PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> So, I guess the question is A) can I just use the old libicu that was already
> installed?  B) how to I force this to use the new version in /usr/local/lib
> instead of the old version in /usr/lib?

ICU comes with a script called icu-config that the CouchDB build process uses to
gather information for linking and compiling, and what not. Whatever icu-config
script is found first on the path when you run ./configure is the one that
decides what libraries are linked against.

Run the following two commands to see what your default setup is:

  icu-config --cppflags-searchpath

  icu-config --ldflags-searchpath

There are four ways you can configure this, all using environment variables:

  * Alter your PATH so that the chosen icu-config script is found first

  * Override ICU_CONFIG to point to the chosen icu-config script

  * Override ICU_LOCAL_CFLAGS to the value of "icu-config --cppflags-searchpath"

  * Override ICU_LOCAL_LDFLAGS to the value of "icu-config --ldflags-searchpath"

Best,