couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Yoryos <valo...@gmail.com>
Subject Installation of couchdb on windows xp
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:23:23 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to install Couchdb on my windows machine. Right now I'm just
exploring the possibilities of the db and as a newbie I followed the
instructions found at the wiki page (
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Windows).

First of all I should ask some questions. As I've seen in the lib folder of
the elrlang all the libraries (or at least most of them) have their compiled
files (.beam) at their ebin subdirectory. So why we are putting the
line {'./couchdb/*',
[{outdir,"../bin"}]}. at the Emakefile before compiling couchdb?

Anyway (I tried both ebin and bin as the output directory) but when I try a
couch_server:start(). the first time I got a function not found exception.
Adding the path to the erlang vm (using code:add_patha) was the solution but
then again I had the error the the couch.ini couldn't be found. Here I have
to mention that when I compiled couchdb having the ebin as the output folder
I didn't have to call code:add_path("path"). before calling
couch_server:start().

Now calling the couch_server:start(). function when I'm at the folder where
the couch.ini file exists I get the following message:

Apache CouchDB 0.0.0 (LogLevel=info)
> Apache CouchDB is starting.
>
> Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.

althought the version I've downloaded is 0.8.1 but futon seems to work just
fine until I tried to run the tests when most of them faild.

Any hints about what is going on here? The version of erlang I'm using is
5.6.5

Thank you in advance!
Yoryos