couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: queries are too long -- about 30 minutes
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:48:52 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Dima G <dmitrii_golub@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting result only after 30 minutes and more! If I do "get" request from ruby with
couchrest gem, then it is instantaneous.

Are you using temp views or views in design docs?

The initial view computation will take some time (and for temp views
this will occur on every query). With design docs, the follow-on
requests should be basically instantaneous. That said, large view keys
can slow things down. Is your doc.symbol 300Kb? If so, you should
think about building a view with smaller keys...

If none of this helps with the speed, also note that some old versions
of erlang are known to be much slower than the current releases.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com