couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Seeking advice on using couchdb for rewritting a project.
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:26:15 GMT
I believe this is the relevant spec:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.35

Range requests seems like an edge case, and then you turn out to need
them. I'd advocate that we only provide this functionality for
attachments. Making it work for regular JSON requests seems like pure
folly.

Chris

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could something like a Partial Content headers (HTTP Code 206, I believe) be used?  I
know this can be used to resume a download, but I'm not sure if it could be used to "fast-forward"
mp3's.  I guess if there's some sequence this wouldn't be possible, but I just thought I'd
throw it out into the brainstorm.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com