couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any opinions on an NFS data store?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:12:40 GMT
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
<mahesh@aptela.com> wrote:
> Well, it just so happens that we have a (wicked) fast NFS server in-house,
> which has the added benefit of being fault-tolerant, reliable, redundant
> (and clearly fully buzz-word compliant).
> The way I look at it, I'd *love* to use it for this purpose, and if flush()
> is pretty much the only constraint, I doubt that I have an issue.
> Clearly, however, the 'update=false' (or stale='ok', or whatever) will be a
> much bigger problem.

As long as you only point one couchdb instance at those files, you
should be fine. Couch can handle a lot of read load before you'll
start to wish you could split it across hardware...

And, I'm not certain that having more than one writer on the couch
files would kill it right away. It just seems like it might be asking
for trouble.

> That said, any particular reason that we dont want to have a Read-Only view?

Currently, just implementation details. I don't know if there are
deeper reasons.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson