couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any opinions on an NFS data store?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:09:24 GMT
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
<mahesh@aptela.com> wrote:
> Assuming just one CouchDB server, would having the data store be NFS based
> even work?
> What about multiple servers?  I can definitely see chaos emerging from
> multiple servers building View indexes simultaneously, but what if
> read-access was done with 'update=false'?

I'd say, you'd probably have a slow experience. Also note that there
is no guarantee that update=false will be read-only. We're considering
calling it something like stale=ok, to better capture the guarantees
it (doesn't) make.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com