couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: action servers
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:17:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com> wrote:

> To me this seems like another place where an action server may be the best
> answer. Why let twitter f* with your ui?

The reason in this case is that my couchdb code *never sees your
twitter credentials*. It just piggybacks on the session you set up
either through basic auth or b/c you are already logged in. Maybe its
not the best reason, but for now it makes for a good hack.

I agree about federation. Other sources that offer twitter-like apis
ought to be able to feed into this couch app eventually, and with
views you can just wrap them all together easily.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com