couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB not listening
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 01:37:34 GMT
Ask,

Looks like its not correctly reading your default.ini config file.
What's the command you're using to start couchdb?

couchdb treats its config files a bit differently than most projects.

If you're specifying the config files on the command line, you should
probably having something like:

$ couchdb -c /etc/couchdb/default.ini -c /etc/couchdb/local.ini

The main idea, is that values are replaced in the order that the
config files are specified. So we give defaults for everything and
then override anything of interest in the local version. This also
allows the write-back for config options at runtime.

Note to self, should we throw at least some sort of warning if some of
the core daemons aren't started?

HTH,
Paul Davis