couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to organize views
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:28:59 GMT
Technically speaking, you would be incurring less overhead if you had
all views in one design document vs. spread out. The reason being that
for each design doc, documents have to be serialized to json and then
the results are de serialized.

There are two main thoughts at the moment. Group views like you have
by data that is indexed, or group everything required for a given
application in a single design doc.

The second method is running on the idea that design docs have a 1 to
1 correspondence to applications.

Paul