couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Browning" <ben...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What Factors Influence Compaction Time?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 15:23:47 GMT
On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
> That seems kind of slow, only 343 docs/sec. I'd say there is a lot of room
> for improvement there. How large are the docs?

These test documents are tweets from Twitter. So, they are very small
- <= 140 characters of text and a few other very small fields. I'm
running these tests on a VPS with only 256MB of RAM and on the 0.8.1
release. The VPS always has at least 50MB of RAM free when running
compaction but I'll try increasing the RAM size and look into
compiling from a recent trunk release before worrying about things too
much.