couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Bartak <john.bar...@autodesk.com>
Subject Creating views using PUT
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:31:02 GMT
This is a follow up to the message from Nov 1 entitled "Creating views using PUT".

In a manner similar to the original poster, I'm trying to create a view using an HTTP POST
request.  I try to post to http://localhost:5984/somedatabase/_design/myview, but instead
of creating a document with an id of "_design/myview", it creates a document with an id of
"_design", with an attachment called "myview".  The original thread discussed encoding "/"
between _design and myview as "%2F".

Unfortunately, this technique doesn't work from .Net.  The .Net Uri object (and therefore
the HttpWebRequest object) automatically unescapes the URI.  There doesn't appear to be any
way to change this behavior.

When we were running CouchDB version 0.9.0a698039 we didn't have to escape the slash character.
 The latest version (0.9.0a712213) requires this escaping.