couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya <mah...@aptela.com>
Subject Re: Any opinions on an NFS data store?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:04:36 GMT
Well, it just so happens that we have a (wicked) fast NFS server in-
house, which has the added benefit of being fault-tolerant, reliable,
redundant (and clearly fully buzz-word compliant).
The way I look at it, I'd *love* to use it for this purpose, and if
flush() is pretty much the only constraint, I doubt that I have an
issue.
Clearly, however, the 'update=false' (or stale='ok', or whatever) will
be a much bigger problem.

That said, any particular reason that we dont want to have a Read-Only
view?
I know that in our particular case (processing vast quantities of
CDRs), i really don't care about the data/indexes being up to date -
heck accuracy to the nearest hour will do too :-)

cheers
---
Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
CTO,  Aptela Inc.