couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ask Bjørn Hansen <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to organize views
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:35:12 GMT

On Nov 2, 2008, at 14:28, Paul Davis wrote:

> There are two main thoughts at the moment. Group views like you have
> by data that is indexed, or group everything required for a given
> application in a single design doc.

Interesting - thanks!

Another thought I had was that index updates on big databases really
need to be transactional in a way.

I was thinking of having my application do some indirection to find
the design document / view name; so rather than just doing GET /foo/
_view/foo/bar then do GET /foo/view_foo which would return something
like { "current": "foo234", "next": "foo235" }

The process that updates the design document would force indexing on
foo235 to happen and when it's done then update the view_foo document
to have "current" point to "foo235".   It seems like something that
could be better handled inside CouchDB though.  Any thoughts?

  - ask