couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <>
Subject Re: Very elementary question
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:18:39 GMT
Hi Pito. I've heard your name many times in the past, usually
mentioned in a positive manner :) I'm not sure we've met, but if so it
was probably when I was at Iris or Kubi. I've been working on CouchDB
since early 2005, but I've been in NC that whole time.

Welcome to the CouchDB community!

On Nov 13, 2008, at 1:43 PM, R. Pito Salas wrote:

> Damien
> I think you and I met several years ago at a Starbucks or something,
> didn't we? You were working on CouchDB even then? You used to work
> at Iris? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?
> Anyway, pretty cool the traction you've gotten with it.
> Congratulations!
> -- Pito
> On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:12 PM, Damien Katz wrote:
>> I don't know about Peepcode, but I'm guessing the library is
>> expecting a object, and looks to be iterating over your string
>> somehow thinking it's an object with the offsets as keys and the
>> individual characters as values..
>> Try giving it something like {body:"abc"}.
>> On Nov 12, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Pito Salas wrote:
>>> I am experimenting with CouchDb, via PeepCode.
>>> I am finding that in the _utils browser interface, the values are
>>> rendered in a way that is different from the PeepCode and before
>>> spending too much time on a bad install I thought I'd ask if anyone
>>> has an explanation, and whether I should just ignore the
>>> difference or
>>> there's actually something broken here. Take a look at the
>>> screenshots
>>> and you see that:
>>> values like "abc" are not accepted for a field (JSON error)
>>> values like ["abc"] are accepted, but then are spewed back as 0
>>> Comments?

View raw message