couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Kerpe" <thomas.ke...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: threaded email view
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:16:45 GMT
Jedediah,
This should be really easy. When you have for shure unique Message-IDs you
can let identify your threads and single messages with them. Your map will
emit

function(doc) { if (doc.header.references){ thread =
doc.header.references.split(" "); thread.push(doc.header['message-id']);
thread_id = thread[0]; } else { thread = [doc.header['message-id']];
thread_id = doc.header['message-id']; } emit([thread_id, thread, ], null); }

In this way you can build your indexes. Maybe add a date or the sender
adddress to your key. In this way you can get whole threads by knowing only
one message ID.

HTH,
//Thomas